- Teach them why- Discuss the reasons why they need to brush regularly, so they know why they are doing it. You can make this easier and still keep it age-appropriate by picking up some kid’s books about brushing, too.
- Make it fun- When parents make brushing time fun, little kids are more likely to want to participate. Have a brushing song or fun routine that goes along with getting the job done each day.
- Give them rewards- Kids love to get rewards, even if it’s a sticker added to their sticker chart. Once they meet their brushing goals, take them to the store to pick out a book. This will help to keep reinforcing the habit.
- Praise their efforts- Rather than focusing on what they fall short of or miss, stick to keeping it positive and giving kudos for the parts they do well. They can always go back and improve areas missed, but positive reinforcement goes a long way.
- Help and hold accountable- Up until kids are around 8-9 years old, parents may need to keep going into the bathroom with them to ensure proper brushing is being done. While it may seem like a pain, it’s helping them to establish lifelong habits that will benefit them greatly in the long run.
If you know someone who is going to college dorm room this season, then the fresh mint toothpaste, dental tape and the fresh mint mouthwash would be perfect for college goers. The fresh minty taste is superb and the toothpaste and the mouthwash freshen breath while leaving the teeth super clean. The dental tape is free of fluoride, paraben and SLS. It's perfect to place in a bookbag, and purse, it's great to take anywhere when you need it. Great quality of products which you can find for your back to school shopping at http://www.drsharpcare.com/
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this product, however I did receive this product to try and review all opinions are my own and may differ from yours. In Accordance with the FTC's 16 CFR, Part 255:"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising